[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] music engine

Matthias Koenig list at phasorlab.de
Fri Apr 7 09:28:24 UTC 2006

Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> writes:
> And, I don't think it's fair to call it McMusic - all I use Live for is
> an effects host for my guitar, because I like the builtin effects and it
> has by far the best interface of any audio app.

Ack.
The reason why Live has so much success is simply that the traditional
sequencer interface is missing some very important point.
The traditional interface assumes you already know what you want to do,
there is no room for improvisation and testing.
If you want to compose something, it is good to have some scratch paper
close to you. Thats why the success of Live is justified and has nothing
to do with "McMusic".

Matthias