[linux-audio-dev] Measuring playback and capture quality.

fons adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sat Apr 8 19:41:06 UTC 2006

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 08:09:49PM +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> Neither of those applications work.
> I have ardour working fine with stereo in/stereo out.
>
> jaaa -J seems to talk to jack, but does not capture or play any sound.
> jaaa -A fails to even open the alsa device.
>
> Have these application actually been tested with jackd recently?

I've been using jaaa most of this afternoon. It's some time since I used
the official release (development goes on) but nothing has been changed
in the ALSA / JACK interfaces for as long as I can remember.

There should be some messages printed in the terminal where you
start jaaa...

> jdelay also does not work. Responding with "Signal below threshold..."

Which normally means it doesn't see any enough of its output back on
the input. And it doesn't need much. You *have* to connect it...

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano e' questo!