[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] music engine

Steve radarsat1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:47:40 UTC 2006

Just to add my 2cents to this thread, I've been developing a live
performance application for Linux which I have used in several shows.

It's called LoopDub and is really just for mixing loops.  So far it's
not super user-friendly, but it does the job I designed it for.  It
allows to load 8 loops and then load other loops in the background,
and switch between them on beat.  It can be completely controlled via
MIDI so I could conceivably just close my laptop and stick it under
the desk when playing (except that I tend to forget which program is
which, so I need the screen..)  I intend to add more methods for
modifying the sound live and whatnot. So far it just has some built-in
filters and echo.  The CVS version has several improvements, so watch
for a new release soon.

(I'm too busy with school at the moment to work on it but summer will
see the next release for sure.)

http://loopdub.sf.net

Steve