[linux-audio-dev] realtime low lat and 2.6.16

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 14 12:20:35 UTC 2006

Hallo,
Richard Smith hat gesagt: // Richard Smith wrote:

> Whats the recommended realtime low lat setup for 2.6.16?  All the docs
> I read seem to be for much older kernels?
>
> Does realtime-lsm still work?

I think, yes, but the recommended way with newer kernels is to use the
rtlimits-aproach with up to date libpam modules. This is described
e.g. at
http://ubuntustudio.com/wiki/index.php/Breezy:Rlimits-Aware_PAM

> I've got a m-audio audiophile 24/96 and I want jackd to run without xruns.
>
> I tried the rt16 patches for 2.6.16 but my kernel just hangs on boot.

I had (different) problems with the rt-patches for 2.6.16, but even a
vanilla kernel 2.6.16 gives very good results, that's why I use that
for now. Maybe you should try vanilla first, too.

Ciao