[linux-audio-dev] [OT] First trip to Europe

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Wed Apr 19 18:01:08 UTC 2006

http://wikitravel.org/

> 1) what is the cheapest way to travel inside europe?
> Bus? Airplane? If it's by air, how can we buy cheapest tickets? Which
> company? How much days before the flight? etc. Or may be hitchhiking?

Given the almost unbeliveable long list of places to visit ... Perhaps
getting a eurail pass would fit the bill? It may sound a bit steep to
pay over 600 Euro for a month, but note that the (cheapest) bus fare
from Stockholm to Copenhagen alone will set you back at least 60 Euro.
http://www.eurail.com/

Ryan Air (and others) sometimes have insane prices. I managed to get a
flight to Rome for less than 30 Euro :-D
http://www.ryanair.com/site/RU/?culture=RU

> 2) how hard is to find cheap place to sleep?

Dormitory (or better) at around 20 Euro/person should be available
almost everywhere. Most backpackers are still in school or at
university.

To give you some idea, try a hostel booking site like:
http://www.hostelbookers.com