[linux-audio-dev] jack and sampling rates

Ken Schutte kschutte at csail.mit.edu
Thu Apr 20 04:13:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've recently began trying to write a jack-enabled audio app, and have
what's maybe a basic question...

 From what I can tell, jack has a single global sampling rate, and all
clients are required to send and recieve at this rate.  Is this correct?
  If so, are there standard tools/libs to do on-the-fly resampling?  I'd
like to have a client get a downsampled signal without having to
implement my own anti-aliasing filter inside it.  Even if there's not
something to do the resampling for me, it would be neat if one client
could do resampling and others that want the data could connect and get
it... is it possible?

thanks,
Ken