[linux-audio-dev] RDF for CAPS plugins

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Thu Apr 20 20:51:20 UTC 2006

[Paul Winkler]

>On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 06:10:35PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 12:07:38 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
>> > I also haven't bothered to figure out what to do with all the stuff
>> > about ports, and ardour doesn't seem to need it anyway, so this version
>> > of the script doesn't handle that.   (Hey Steve, what's all that port
>> > info in your rdfs used for?)
>>
>> Not much, in theory you can use it to make dropdown type boxes for
>> integer enumeration selectors, but I dont know if anyone does.
>
>Ah, I vaguely recall discussion of that now.
>
>Too bad.  Better auto-generated UIs for some plugins would be a wonderful
>thing.

The 0.3.0 CAPS release actually comes with an rdf file supposed to
label the enumerated int ports (the Cabinet model switches and the
SweepVF filter modes).

I haven't tried it myself but as it was provided by someone who's
using CAPS mainly in ardour I supposed it should work -- or does it
not?

Re: caps.rdf in general --

Paul, your permission assumed I'll recycle some of your python code,
to be run when making the CAPS 'dist' target. A better caps.rdf will
thus be in 0.3.1 (coming to a theatre near you sometime this year).

Steve, are the dc:creator, dc:rights, dc:title tags necessary? Paul's
caps.rdf simply copies the data found in caps.so -- is it possible to
simply eliminate this redundancy?

Cheers, Tim