[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

Lars Luthman larsl at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 22 10:19:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 10:53 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> Almost two years ago at the LA conference a bunch of us agreed that
> something need to be done to improve LADSPA, and on the approximate
> direction it should take.
>
> Anyway, I finally got round to making a sketch plugin and .h file:
> http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa2/

Nice. The header and the plugin code really looks a lot cleaner without
all the metadata embedded in it.

> The data is in the amp.ttl file (it's in Turtle
> http://www.dajobe.org/2004/01/turtle/ an easy to hand-write RDF syntax).
> We could mandate a particular syntax for the spec.

It looks a lot nicer than the XML syntax.

> Overall I think this is a much better approach than LADSPA 1.x, it has
> usable identifiers, a clear route for extensions without compatibility
> problems and each plugin is quite a lot simpler.

What type of extensions are you talking about here, and what is the
clear route?

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php