[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Apr 22 21:43:07 UTC 2006

It is good (tm) to define broad standards that encompass a variety of
situations. But usually broad means also thin, which results in it
being less helpful for each specific situation it pretends to be
applied to.

And no matter how broad you try to make it, I bet someone comes up
with a feature that is absolutely essential for his/her purposes that
the standard should cover but fails to.

How broad do we want it? Wouldn't it be a good idea to survey what
people are doing with LADSPA and what are they missing in it?

Personally, I don't need any more modular synths, thanks.

I miss the most in LADSPA:
- Sensible GUIs.
- Tempo awareness.

Cheers,