[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 07:57:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 06:40:32 -0400, Dave Robillard wrote:
> For the sake of the record, it's been duked out on IRC and Steve
> wins :).  (Specifically, ports will be required to have a unique string
> ID, but it will live in the data file, not the code).

Actually I didn't mean to say that they /will/ be required, just that I
don't have a problem with it. I've not heard anyone else speak in favour
of this, and it is a feature. If theres a critical mass of support I'm OK
with adding it, as it should make the lives of some hosts much easier.

At the risk of upsetting Dave, it can be added a a 3rd party extension
without anything really bad happening. It just means that the Pd messages
/ OSC paths / whatever for some plugins will be ugly. "Market pressure"
will ensire that all plugins support it if its useful to enough users.

- Steve