[linux-audio-dev] "LADSPA 2" name

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Wed Apr 26 08:10:02 UTC 2006

Quoting Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk>:

> My suggestion is that we ressurect the XAP name
> (http://www.google.com/search?q=lad+xap)
> It stood for Xap Audio Plugin IIRC.
>
> Pros: it's short*, relatively unused** and pronouncable***

More pros: we would have a VST -alike logo already! (looking at
http://xap-plugins.org/artwork.html).

And it's not too VST -alike, as XAP doesn't share a single letter with VST.

> Cons: xap.{com,org,net} will have gone long ago (too short), theres a
> small ammount of baggage.

I think we would select a short name anyway. Most of them are gone already,
so we have the same problem whichever [a-z][a-z][a-z] we select :)

 Sampo