[linux-audio-dev] Todays "LADSPA2" update

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 26 11:05:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 11:51 +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> I've written a first cut at an ontology/schema for the plugin RDF:
> http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa2/ladspa-2.ttl
>
> The term schema is a bit misleading, as it doesn't really enforce
> anything, it really just gives you some hints about what to write. The
> bulk of it is english text to explain the meaning of the bits that are no
> longer in the .h
>
> I tried to write it as clearly as possible, but the machine readable parts
> might still be a bit cryptic and there could be errors. Shout if there's
> any bits that don't make sense.

i know you didn't want to actually change much of the spec, but i would
like to protest at the continued inclusion of the "logarithmic" port
hint. its totally useless. at the very least, the hint should be removed
and replaced by two other hints: logarithmicE and logarithmic10. saying
that something might be better viewed using a logarithmic scale really
says nothing useful. a more satisfactory solution would add "dBFS" to
indicate that the port contains values indicating volumetric or gain
levels. something like that.