[linux-audio-dev] Re: Linux Documentation (was Re: [Consortium] Re: Linuxaudio.org staff updates)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Dec 5 15:15:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:12:39AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> And let's face it, folks, http://linux-sound.org and its mirrors are
> doomed. I'm so tired of the maintenance that I'm just not doing any at
> all. I'd like to see the community take over the lists and perhaps use
> them as bases for a wiki catalog of Linux sound and music software.
> Meanwhile I plan for one more update this month, then I'm unlikely to
> continue working with it any longer.

A heartfelt thanks for many years of an invaluable community service,
Dave.  I'm probably not alone in saying your site is what led me to be
here.

A toast to the host who brought the most!

For my part, I apologize that I several times proposed an interactive
replacement to the static site and never delivered anything. Sometimes
I miss being underemployed :-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com