[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Mon Feb 20 23:59:02 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 23:41, David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> It is annoying.  If I want a Porsche engine in a VW bug, I can buy
> the parts and all relevant service manuals and plans, and put a
> mechanic to work.

Actually, you might run into trouble with the electronics! Some engine
management systems just won't run unless they get basically the whole
instrumentation of the car with them. :-(

But fortunately, as far as engines are concerned, you can just ditch
the "black box" stuff and use something serious, open and infinitely
configurable, like VEMS:
	http://www.vems-group.org/

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |