[linux-audio-dev] Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Peter Bessman ninjadroid at gazuga.net
Tue Feb 21 20:04:21 UTC 2006

Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 Feb 2006 15:57, Pete Bessman wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 16:30 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>>> Following your kind of logic, people caring for peace on Earth are
>>> damaging the livelihoods of weapon producers, decent people mostly,
>>> and that merely for their selfish desire of a world worth living
>>> in.
>>>
>> No, this is a bunch of BS.
>>

> It's not bullshit.  It's just misdirection.  If you take out the
> subjective language, David just said:

You're right, I jumped the gun.  I'm obviously sensitive to what I
perceive to be the widespread persecution of the human right to
effective self defense --- but that is neither here nor there, and I'm
wondering why it was brought up.  Perhaps the assumption was made that
we're all in the same boat on this subject --- clearly, such is not the
case.

-Pete