[linux-audio-dev] Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Tue Feb 21 23:10:38 UTC 2006

> > No, the fact of people having been put out of work is not itself a
> > victory for anyone.
>
> Straw man.  I never said it was an overall win, just a win for free
> software.  A proprietary program being replaced by a free one is
> obviously a "win for free software".

surely free software can cause unemployed people, but at the same time
free software also can cause that closed software vendors benefit in an
other way: They simply have to create better products to keep their
business running. And after all this helps to secure employments.

Just my two cents.

Best regards

ce