[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do*you* stand?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Feb 21 23:50:14 UTC 2006

Peter Bessman <ninjadroid at gazuga.net> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:

[...]

>>> BTW, this isn't meant to equate OSS with communism.  I just want to
>>> drive home the point that I did not misinterpret one iota of the
>>> Stallman verse --- I'm just tossing it in the trash bin along with
>>> my Torah.
>>>

>> Well, what you theatrically toss has not been Stallman's invention
>> at all.  I recommend you search for another scapegoat.  He never
>> promised you a Rosegarden.
>
> WTF are you smoking?  I used to believe in the GNU philosophy, now I
> don't.

I don't know what you believed in, but it certainly was not the GNU
philosophy.  The GNU philosophy is not concerned about quality of
software.  It is concerned about its availability and freedom.

> Is my metaphor of tossing it in the trashcan somehow unacceptable?

It's just silly, as you apparently don't have a clue about what you
presume to be tossing.  More likely the Open Source mantra about OSS
being a superior development model.

> And what earthly thing does RMS have to do with Rosegarden?

It was just a pun.