[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Feb 22 01:51:50 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 00:43 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 23:41 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> >>
> >> If I want Excel running on GNU/Linux, I can just shoot myself.  I
> >> am not paying for such crippled software.  If that means that I
> >> have to do with less sophisticated free software, so be it.  It is
> >> a price to pay, but at least it keeps me in control and power and
> >> responsibility.
> >>

> >      Survey says...  BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!  Wrong.  You would buy
> > Crossover Office and then install a perfectly legal, paid for copy
> > of Micro$oft Orifice.  It runs fine on my system.
>
> You'll be surprised to hear that I don't let my personal choices be
> dictated by survey.

    I don't understand your response.  I was reading your post as saying
that Excel wouldn't run on Linux.  I was just pointing out that it does
run on Linux just fine.  I may have been misinterpreting your post
though.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744