[linux-audio-dev] (no subject)

Brett McCoy idragosani at chapelperilous.net
Tue Feb 21 23:02:29 UTC 2006

Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

> Lee Revell:
>

>> On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 14:08 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>>> Who is talking about not paying?
>>

>> This whole discussion was ignited when someone advocated pirating (or
>> stealing, or whatever) commercial software.
>>

> Why don't you want to distinct between copyright violation (which is
> a gray area, different from country to country) and stealing?

There are different kinds of copyright violation. For instance,
'unauthorized use' can be public performance (like over a PA system,
radio, etc) of something which you don't have permission to do, or
making copies of something of something for which you don't permission.
And there is what I consider a worse infringement: using copyrighted
material created by someone else and claiming it as you own , i.e.
plagiarism.

Both are stealing in my book.

-- Brett