[linux-audio-dev] More about consolidation of the Linux audio online resources (was: linuxdj...)

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Fri Feb 24 01:25:42 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 04:12:09PM -0500, ico wrote:
> >===== Original Message From Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie at rfa.org> =====
> >What type of hosting service does linuxaudio.org have now in terms of
> >space, bandwidth, accesibility of physical site admins and access for
> >remote site maintainers?
>
> Currently, the server hosting Linuxaudio.org has been arranged by Daniel
> James, so my guess is that it is hosted somewhere in UK, other info is unknown
> to me (ironically the site is currently inaccessible for whatever reason).
> Daniel?
>
> That being said, in my department (Virginia Tech) I've got an ok to offer
> hosting for LA purposes which would mean direct physical access to the
> mainframe, virtually unlimited data storage (I am not sure how much we have
> right now but we should have probably close to 1TB and there is plenty of
> empty slots left on the mainframe for more disks to be added), and most
> importantly unlimited bandwidth (although the actual outgoing line is limited
> to 100MBit from the node where the mainframe is, but the actual monthly
> bandwidth is unlimited). Finally, all data is backed-up weekly with one backup
> always being off-site in the case server melts down, dissapears, decides to
> grow legs and walk away, or whatever.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Best wishes,

I also have a standing ok to offer RFA resources and bandwidth for Linux
Audio stuff as well. Though at first impression I'm thinking an academic
sponsor might be better for all concerned. If needed space and bandwidth
are available here. I don't always have time to follow the lists, so
mail me directly if I can be of service in this regard.

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia