[linux-audio-dev] Re: Which widgets?

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sat Feb 25 12:15:08 UTC 2006

> I'm a programmer = I'm lazy = I don't want to write printing dialogs, or
> VFS support, especially since it's already provided by gnome.

Heh, I'm only a novice programmer, and I'm already lazy :)

I think widgets are a GOOD thing. I also think modularity is a good thing.

KDE and Gnome both appear greedy to me. They both want me to use their
system and hence, tell me how to use my computer. Very little care is
taken to make sure individual parts can be used without installing the
whole whack. It's like I want to marry the girl I love but I can't
without also marrying her cousin, her sister and her aunt. This is the
Win/Mac philosophy, not the UNIX philosophy, and especially not the free
software philosophy.

That is why I recommend XFCE which does exactly that.

Carlo