[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] ninjam with jack support...

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Fri Jan 13 03:49:58 UTC 2006

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> hello... i just wanted to announce, that i have written a jack binding
> for ninjam.
>
> ninjam is a network jam session software.
> www.ninjam.com

coolness ... i remember email exchanges with jp mercury (freewheelin)
where we dreamed of just this sort of thing ...

> the ported consoleclient for ninjam is available here:
>
> http://galan.sf.net/ninjam-with-jack.tar.bz2
>
> and yes... there is a Makefile.. find -name Makefile it...
> i just added the jack support...

took me a while to figure out how to build it (i think it already was)
... had to do a "make clean", then "make"

> more io ports will follow...
> also dont use with too low period sizes, it does not behave so well..

just did a quick test with it ... had a five minute jam with some dude,
and all seemed to go well (didn't do anything fancy, like hooking it
into ardour, though). i had a period of 512 in jack, which seemed ok.

thanx for the software (xfst, galan, now this), torben ... you
(scissors, paper) ROCK!

shayne