[linux-audio-dev] A sequencer example

mlang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Jan 15 13:23:08 UTC 2006

Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> writes:

> On Sunday 15 Jan 2006 11:12, Florian Schmidt wrote:
>> If you want to use alsa_seq's queues to schedule events for delivery
>> at a later time, you probably might have a look at rosegarden.
>
> There's a file base/test/seq/generator.c in the Rosegarden source tree
> that does basically what was described using the sequencer queue.  It
> does however schedule in real-time rather than beats (and so does
> Rosegarden itself).
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/rosegarden/base/test/seq/generator.c?view=markup

Pretty intersting, I just ran this and noticed it (the diff between
queue and gettimeofday time) drifts about 70 usecs per second.  Is this
normal expected behaviour, or another reason to hate the day I decided to buy
a X2 CPU?

P.S.: ANyone got any hard facts on the TSC SMP issues?  2.6.15
is definitely worse for me than 2.6.14, things that used to work just dont anymore.

--
CYa,
  Mario