[linux-audio-dev] ALSA USB Driver

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 20:49:26 UTC 2006

On 1/15/06, Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am considering purchasing a PDA that will eventually have the express
> purpose of recording 24/96 audio, and I was looking at picking up an
> apogee Mini-me USB.  I was wondering how uniform USB audio interfaces
> were, and the likelihood the Apogee would actually work or not as it is
> not listed at all in the Alsa wiki.

Take a good look at the specs.  I bought a M-Audio Audiophile USB and
found out that it was not "class compliant" and then on top of that it
was unable to do full-duplex audio at 24/96.  I ended up buying a PCI
card.

The general feedback I got from others was that 24/96 audio on a USB
device can be somewhat tricky.

--
Richard A. Smith