[linux-audio-dev] MIDI library

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Sat Jan 21 18:17:07 UTC 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:28:22 +0100
Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen at chello.se> wrote:

> The library you are looking for is alsa snd_seq*
>
> The API is described here:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/seq.html

Hej Jens,
Tack så mycket.

I have found it it was a few hours ago. I asked because I was stick
with the alsa rawmidi librarie.

It is a similar project,mindingsolo
http://home.gna.org/midingsolo/index.html
I took a look on its source code. It use a music library that is a part
of the program. I believe at I can use it. It implement almost all the
functions I will use, and as it use only the alsa sequencer, it will be
less work to me to add a pitch function in it, as to write all from the
scratch.

I will contact the mindingsolo gui later. For now I must focus on a few
small programs in order to learn how to use alsa and jack, and how to
adapt the algorithm.

Ciao,
Dominique

> On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 23:08 +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am new to this list, living in Switzerland and working mainly with
> > electronic. I have done it was some time ago a monophonic realtime
> > note recognition software on an embeded dsp56k system and I want to
> > adapt it to linux.
> >
> > It will take some time to me to do that because I know almost
> > nothing about c and c++ programming, as about the alsa and jack
> > libraries. But I know my algorytm, and it is working just fine on
> > my dsp.
> >
> > The latency is very low, 1+(~1/4) period of the sound, the (~1/4)
> > term depend of the harmonic content of the sound. I believe
> > at it is worth to do a jack-alsa software with it.
>
> This all sounds very interresting!

Yes. I believe at my algorithm can work with jack and alsa because the
clock of a modern pc is much faster as the 20MHz of my dsp board. As
the linux threads are very well done, I believe at the processing
time will be proportional to the audio sampling frequency and at it
will work.