[linux-audio-dev] liblo method handler lookup logic

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Thu Jan 26 18:25:14 UTC 2006

Hacked some test code here and discovered something "interesting" with
lo_server_add_method() and method handling. If I try to do it like in
the examples and add the default/debug ("match all") method first, it
gets called for every incoming message, before the real handler is
called. That is, I see an error message - and then the correct method
handler is invoked anyway.

Looking quickly at the code, I'd actually expect this behavior, as
lo_server_add_method() does indeed add methods at the end of the
list.

Trying the examples again, I realize that they demonstrate this
behavior as well, so maybe it's not just my code doing something
funny. :-)

This is with liblo 0.22 on Gentoo/AMD64.

.-------  http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples  -------.
|        http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine       |
|       http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine          |
|     http://eel.olofson.net - Real time scripting         |