[linux-audio-dev] xt2 coming to linux

Michael Bohle core at jacklab.net
Fri Jan 27 14:57:11 UTC 2006

Am Freitag, den 27.01.2006, 14:13 +0000 schrieb Chris Cannam:
> On Friday 27 Jan 2006 14:03, Michael Bohle wrote:
> > I don't like dssi-vst so much, too buggy
>
> Your bug reports and fixes have been invaluable.

Sorry for this harsh words: dssi-vst needing very old wine for compiling
and there is no development happens since long time. The "bugs" are
mostly because of missing impelentations of some vst standards like sync
to host or heavy freezes when activating any kind of midi learn within
the vst. u know that ;)

 But anyway, VST on Linux is dead now, beause most of the user are not
able to compile it for themself. Thats pity, what can we do now?

> > It dosn't work with fst 1.7 because of a graphical prob.
>
> I notice jacklab.net offers a binary distribution of libfst, and says "an
> experimental version of ardour-fst is in preparation".  How do you deal with
> the licensing problem?

As I write to Paul... We giving up VST Support in any way.

Michael