[linux-audio-dev] xt2 coming to linux

cdr ix at replic.net
Fri Jan 27 22:57:08 UTC 2006

> Fixes, including build fixes, are always welcome.  So are specific examples of
> VST features that would be useful.  Some VST features don't map well onto
> DSSI at all (e.g. I haven't yet thought of a good way of handling VST chunks:
> any ideas welcome)

you mean the chunks of binary data that were permitted since the parameter structure in VST is so limited that it cant contain anything beside a float bound between 0.0 and 1.0? id hope one would expose that via OSC instead, so that it can be changed somewhere besides the plugin GUI, and since its protocol should allow all the things that couldnt be squeezed into a VST param: filenames, integers, patchnames etc...