[linux-audio-dev] A bit of an [ANN] :)

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Mon Jul 10 00:06:26 UTC 2006

Howdy peeps.

Not really much of a release, so not much fanfare, but in the
interests of sharing effort I give you...

Powernap!

http://dis-dot-dat.net/?item=code/powernap/

If, like me, you need to drive an app from a Python interface,
powernap can help.  It's a small extension that switches to the
real-time scheduler and provides two handy sleep-like functions:

nap() naps for a given number of milliseconds, timed with the RTC

rnap() is a "rolling nap" that tries to make the time between calls
the given number of milliseconds.  A padding nap, if you will.

It works for me and it might come in handy for someone else.

James