[linux-audio-dev] realtimeness: pthread_cond_signal vs. pipe write

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Thu Jul 13 00:24:08 UTC 2006

   Hi!

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:20:40AM +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 00:26 +0200, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> > I wrote a
> > little test which repeatedly switches between two threads, which wakeup
> > eachother using a pipe, cond or semaphore.
>
> Nice :) Can you upload it somewhere?

Yes, you can get it here:

http://space.twc.de/~stefan/download/thread_switch_benchmark.tar.bz2

Originally I didn't write the code with the idea in mind that others
may want to use it, without having beasts birnet library available. But
I did some slightly hackish things to make it (hopefully) self-contained
now.

   Cu... Stefan
--
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan