Sourceforge issues WAS: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] netjack-0.12 - Low Latency Network Audio Driver

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Fri Jul 14 16:24:51 UTC 2006

torbenh at gmx.de wrote:

> there is no link on http://netjack.sf.net because the project shell
> servers are down.

Probably not the cause (as the shell service downtime is displayed on
the status page), but should you run into strange issues with SF this
can be interesting:

(  2006-07-13 09:23:52 - Project CVS Service, Project Shell Service,
Project Subversion (SVN) Service, SourceForge.net Web Site  )   A recent
kernel exploit was released that allowed a non admin user to escalate
privileges on the host pr-shell1. We urge all users who frequent this
host to change their password immediately and check their project group
space for any tampering. As a precaution, we have blocked access to all
project resources by password until the user resets their password.
After the password has been reset, project resources should be
accessible within 5 minutes.

I really wonder why they don't inform their users any better.

Greets,

Pieter

PS: Thx to Jonathan Woithe for pointing this out on freebob-devel.