[linux-audio-dev] LV2 Turtle requirement

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Sun Jul 16 17:52:15 UTC 2006

> you hope not what? it just seems like Turtle should be developers choice, and the format in the .bundle should be more standard - even Firefox can parse RDF/XML out of the box. the vast majority of the cool tools like Fresnel/Protoge that some develoeprs might want to edit their schemas in, don't support Turtle as well, AFAIK..

my main issue is the only RDF toolkit in Portage didnt properly include Turtle parsing. which means theres an even slimmer chance of such things existing in Debian, Fedora, etc. now i must investigate why this is the case.. on top of that, a lot of the ideas wrt interactive documentation (eg wiki-style annotations of what ports actually do, user presets, etc) on the web would be easier since RDF/XML is readily embeddable into XHTML. throwing a 'raptor blahblah.ttl > blahblah.xml' in a SConstruct is praobly easier than having to continually think about it on the server side (eg in PHP) or in JavaScript..