[linux-audio-dev] Re: Language fanboys [was Re: light C++ set for WAV]

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 03:22:45 UTC 2006

> For music/audio stuff you can do the dsp stuff with c and then
> communicate with another process written in a higher level language,
> i.e python over OSC. The LAD irc crew have been discussing using this
> idea for a new sequencer/daw thing.

Hmm this is interesting as I have been considering doing something
similar as well.  I was wondering how much of a difference having a GUI
built in a non realtime style, either in an interpreted language or
similar setup, how this might affect things for audio use.

I was considering using OSC style communication between a backend
written in C/C++ and a GUI written in a seperate language.

          Seablade