[linux-audio-dev] Re: Language fanboys [was Re: light C++ set for WAV]

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 04:51:05 UTC 2006

> ??? Non realtime style?  How can you have a gui written in a real time
> style? Doesn't that kind of break the basic rules of realtime?

Well that is my question, sorry I should have clarified I am just now
getting into realtime programming so this might be a really stupid
question anyways.  If  you dont have the GUI thread(s) running at a high
priority, would that affect the overall response of the program?
Primarily I am looking at for triggering sound effects samples(Of
varying size) for live performance, thus I would need to make sure
response to the gui is also quick and that latency is not added in from
the time of hitting a "go" on screen.

Of course it might be very possible I am misunderstanding basic
principles behind realtime programming at any rate so please feel free
to just tell me Im stupid;)

           Seablade