[linux-audio-dev] light C++ set for WAV

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jul 26 05:07:13 UTC 2006

Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2006, at 4:48 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>

> > I have for some time been looking for someone to write a
> > lightweight C++ wrapper for libsndfile that I can distribute
> > with libsndfile.
> >
> > My own rather feeble first attempt is here:
> >
> >     http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/sndfile.hh
> >
> > but I am not a fan nor a great user of C++. The wrapper should
> > really be written by someone with a love for the language.
>
> I use C++ a lot, and I gotta say, this wrapper isn't bad at all.  I
> prefer lower case method names, but that's about it.

Oh, cool, a response at last :-).

Well first off, it isn't quite complete and it hasn't been
properly tested either.

Secondly, with regard to the method names, which do you prefer:

    - OpenRead
    - openRead
    - open_read
    - something else

Since you're the only person who actually responded to the real
meat of my email, I have to assume that you are the only person
on this list with a love for C++ and hence the only one who
should have any real input on this issue ;-).

And what you and I come up with the Windiots will have to live
with :-).

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo