[linux-audio-dev] Re: Akai's MPC4000 Sampler/Workstation Open Source Project

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Wed Jul 26 23:07:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 18:00 -0500, Renich Bon Ćirić wrote:
> Well, very wise words you say. But, on the other hand, this piece of
> hardware is worth 3,000 usd. We have a ton of users to think about. We
> must provide compatibility with it's native format.
>
> It would be cool to be able to use all the OpenSource arsenal out there.
> But first, we need to clone... at least, that's what they have said (the
> users)

Just port Linux to it then develop the support for the native file
systems/formats/etc.  MUCH less work than writing your own OS.

(BTW top posting is considered bad form on this list)

It sounds like you're responding to user requests of some kind - do you
have a link?  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Lee