[linux-audio-dev] Re: Akai's MPC4000 Sampler/Workstation Open Source Project

Renich Bon Ćirić renich at woralelandia.com
Thu Jul 27 19:02:07 UTC 2006

Jay Vaughan wrote:
>>  > > There are public-domain RTOSes available that are suitable for this
>>  > > task. To those, you can add drivers for USB and FAT32. Without an
>>  > > RTOS to give you hard real-time scheduling, you have no chance to
>>  > > achieve the rock-steady timing that the MPC currently has.
>> that sucks. that really does. because my linux systems have the same
>> rock steady timing as the MPC. actually, their timing is even better
>> than the MPC. somebody must have made a mistake around here.
>
> i assure you, linux performs on par with "other public-domain RTOSes"
> in the real-time department, in the right hands .. like all good
> instruments ..

Guys, one question that, I believe, has been answered before. Is the
service manual enough to start the OS from scratch?

# Service Manual
http://www.woralelandia.com/openmpc/service_manual

# Where it all started
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=54825

Thanks for all the help and comments! I am very glad to have joined this
mailing list ;=)