[linux-audio-dev] Re: real time priority programming tutorial

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Wed Jun 7 18:35:10 UTC 2006

>From: Alex <x37v.alex at gmail.com>
>
>Does anyone have a link to a reference about making apps with real
>time priority capabilities?
>I figure I can just look at jack but it would be nice see some
>tutorial, to learn what is actually happening/necessary, trade-offs,
>etc.

I suggest to look at source codes. They give up-to-date info
and a working solution. Saves time.

There are also documentation on general realtime programming.
E.g., I have found the following:
 http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/APS33DTE.PDF
 http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/sgirealtime.pdf
 http://www.funet.fi/~kouhia/sgitopics.pdf

More recent versions could be found if you check their site.
Other system makers could have equivalent docs (apple, microsoft).

Juhana