[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Freebob-devel] [REQUEST] test the influence of linux1394 kernel drivers on scheduling latency

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Sat Jun 24 11:50:53 UTC 2006

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 12:12 +0200, Pieter Palmers wrote:
>
>>> If anything else is running at 99, what happens if you lower those other
>>> processes to 98?
>>>

>> I'll have to recheck, but if I remember correcly I have done this
>> experiment. The only thing at 99 is the system timer. I tried giving it
>> a lower priority than the latency test thread, which didn't change anything.
>>

> OK thanks, that answers my question.

I found one problem at this point, which is in the latency test
application itself. Apparently it doesn't acquire the RT priority
correctly. My mistake.

When trying with rtc_wakeup I get about 40us max. Which is more what I'd
expect.

I'm going to investigate this further anyway, because I'm not really
convinced yet. In one of my previous sessions, rtc_wakeup also showed
large latency values.

TBC

Greets,

Pieter