[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] [admin] linux-audio-* maintainer wanted...

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Jun 24 18:49:50 UTC 2006

Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 07:14:30PM +0200, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
>>> due to post-academic stress syndrome (read: i'm getting a real job ;), i
>>> would like to resign from being maintainer of the linux-audio-* lists.
>>> lately i haven't been able to keep up with the lists as much as i would
>>> have liked to, and i feel it's time for new people to take over.
>>
>> Congrats and thank you for your work :)
>>

>> What exactly does maintainership of the lists encompass?
>
> basically moderation of linux-audio-announce and helping people who have
> problems with their accounts. the latter has become a great problem
> lately, because the admin adresses are being drowned in spam :(
>
> but basically it's all about handling mailman, which has a neat and
> friendly web interface. but some extra effort spent on spam filtering
> would certainly ease the job in the long run...
>
>>> as an added bonus, there is also the job of cleaning up the old
>>> lad.linuxaudio.org page, throwing out all the obsolete stuff (i.e.
>>> everything except the subscription information and the contrib/
>>> section) and maybe linking to all the excellent documentation efforts
>>> elsewhere :)
>>
>> Now this I might be interested in.
>
> cool. the old page plain sucks, if you want to take over, that's great.
> send me an ssh key in a private mail if you want. however i need to talk
> to ico bukvic before giving somebody access, since he owns the box...

Hi Joern,

Congrats and hope you don't disappear for too long.

How long do we have to get last minute updates in before you disappear?

For example on the lau mailing list there is this info:

---------

For more information, please refer to the Linux Audio Development
homepage at http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad, especially the LAU
subscription page

---------
Do you mind changing it to:

For more information, please refer to the Linux Audio Development
homepage at http://lau.linuxaudio.org

---------

Cheers.

--