[linux-audio-dev] ieee1394 deadlock on RT kernels

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Mon Jun 26 08:11:30 UTC 2006

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 01:08 +0200, Pieter Palmers wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>We are experiencing 'soft' deadlocks when running our code (Freebob,
>>i.e. userspace lib for firewire audio) on RT kernels. After a few
>>seconds, I get a kernel panic message that signals a soft lockup.
>>

>Can we see the kernel panic message? ;-)

no :p. I'm sorry for being a jerk, but I'm not going to type over that
message just so that you can confirm that it indeed is a 'soft lockup'
(or whatever it is called exactly) and that it occurs in the
ohci1394_iso_unregister_tasklet. You'll have to take my word on it. If
you need some specific part of the kernel message, you can get it. Tell
me what you wqant and why, that way I can learn something from it.

Pieter