[linux-audio-dev] fst, VST 2.0, kontakt

Forest Bond forest at alittletooquiet.net
Thu Jun 29 22:35:58 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I don't recall posting here in the past, although I have several hundred LAD
mails in .Mail...

Nice to meet you, anyway.

I've been looking at fst, and was going to package it for Ubuntu.  I had used
dssi-vst in the past.  My big problem is this:  neither of the two save current
settings for kontakt, my sampler of choice (there is no free equivalent, as far
as I can tell, or I would use it).

I've now decided that fst has better long-term potential to do what I need,
mainly due to 1) lash support 2) not having to work through DSSI, which probably
cripples its ability to be able to save ALL parameters.

It would seem that fst doesn't have full VST 2.0 support, from looking at the
source code.  I've never written anything remotely VST-related, but would like
to add such support to fst.

I see Kjetil S. Matheussen's name in the source for vsti.c.  I'm hoping he has
some guidance for me.

Kjetil, and LAD's in general, can you confirm my observations, and do you have
an opinion on whether or not my goal is feasible?

thanks,
Forest