[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] arcangel (and result of widget discussion)

Lars Luthman larsl at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 1 16:26:53 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 09:10 +0000, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb, 2006 at 10:19PM +0100, Julien Claassen spake thus:
> > Hi James!
> >   Could you do a ladspa-plugin for it?
>
> OK.  I just hope writing LADSPA plugins is less of a challenge than
> writing LADSPA hosts.

It is - the whole point of a plugin system is to let the host do as much
of the plumbing as possible so the plugin writer can focus on whatever
it is that the plugin should be doing. LADSPAs still need a certain
amount of boilerplate code to work though, but you should be able to
just steal that from an existing plugin. Or you could use this library
that I use for my plugins:

http://ll-plugins.sourceforge.net/dsl/dssi-support-libs-0.5.35.tar.gz

It's mostly for DSSIs, but it contains a small static library that you
can link with to create LADSPA plugins as well. The code for a basic
LADSPA plugin would then look something like this:

http://ll-plugins.sourceforge.net/dsl/0.5.35/html/classLADSPAPlugin.html#_details

The library has not been released yet, so no backwards compatibility is
guaranteed - if you want to use it the best way may be to simply steal
ladspaplugin.hpp and ladspaplugin.cpp from the source package and
compile them with your plugin.

--
Lars Luthman
PGP key:     http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d00-llu/pgp_key.php