[linux-audio-dev] Juce now has ALSA support!

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Mar 1 22:40:16 UTC 2006

Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 23:21 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> HOWTOs are supposed to be hands-on extracts of the full documentation.
>> They are not supposed to replace documentation, but give recipes and
>> outlines that make it easier to work with the normal documentation.
>>

> Well, tough shit, because all I have time for is a mini HOWTO, unless
> you're offering to pay me.

It takes less time to add 2 example lines into the man pages than to
answer complaints on the list.

And it does more for your user base than fixing a dozen bugs.

I happen to be project leader for AUCTeX and preview-latex, and can
tell you from that position that shaving time off basics from the
standard documentation of the standard commands is not going to
improve your total time balance.  It will always be more efficient to
answer once for thousands of people than to answer a dozen times for a
dozen people even if hundreds just give up without a peep.