[linux-audio-dev] a bit off topic: GUI-lib-programming (how does it usually work?)

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Tue Mar 7 16:08:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 16:34:05 +0100 (CET)
Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>   Florian: What can such a lib do?I already have toggle-buttons, progressbars,
> labels and I'm working on text-entry-fields. Next thing is menus and
> mutiple-choice-buttons (radio-buttons, lists) and sliders. That is all stuff
> I can imagine

Hi Julien,

i kinda hijacked your thread. I was wondering about whether such a lib
generally existed,because it would make programming apps for all kinds
of user groups easier, as one could create different interfaces from the
same interface description. I didn't want to imply that you should wirte
such a lib. I was just generally interested in the subject and wondered
how far many day-to-day typical UI usecases could be abstracted.

Regards,
Flo

--
Palimm Palimm! http://tapas.affenbande.org