[linux-audio-dev] CLI wanted - Need PCM to generic SBout on Smoothwall-2 stock kernel

muzak24h cmatt77 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 20:05:14 UTC 2006

Yeah, I got the WORD (that page was a little *indowish and dated but it did
explain the issue of finding I/O and IRQ)  I noted also your concern about
unanswered IRQ's for DMA turning things into a house of cards - OK...

So if the average Smoothwall (MonoWall or IPcop ack!) owner wants to loop a
wav file byte-style to an antique SB 2.0 board, would this be serious I/O
overhead? Even on a PII-400+?

Most of these boxes are being used as over-grown, over-powered DSL routers..
Until now, the only sounds that Smoothwall's can make is are speaker beep
tones.  See here  at the forum. (I've had a SWall for 5-years and it's
stabilty has constantly pulled me away from the M$-camp - and I'm getting
hooked on Mepis Linux)

Any other ideas would be appreciated greatly - Thanks!