[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA processing: ams, om, ... Anything else?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 16 23:22:39 UTC 2006

Hallo,
Andrew Gaydenko hat gesagt: // Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

> Are there alternatives for 'ams' and 'om'? My problems are:
>
> - 'ams' has not text fields to type-in controls values with needed precision,
>   sliders are not sufficient,
> - 'om' engine has too many crashes (I see, it is normal, as the app is under
>    development).
>
> Anything else?

Pd. It will be easy to start for you, as you already know how modular
synths work, and Pd generally is rock-stable (if you don't do some of
the more exotic things that can crash Pd as well).

You may even discover that for many things you don't need LADSPA - or
that you can do things, no LADSPA plugin can do yet.

The current LADSPA external for Pd called [plugin~] is a bit unusual
to use because it doesn't support control names with spaces in it, you
have to use a numeric name there, but there are alternatives in
development, also you get a [dssi~] external if you want.

Pd may not look as pretty, but what it lacks in looks it makes up for
in technical merits.

Ciao