[linux-audio-dev] Re: fast linear resampling on ARM - suggestions?

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil at ccrma.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 29 22:40:51 UTC 2006

"Tobias Scharnberg":

> Hello List,
> I'm trying to find a library or code-snippet in order to do audio
> resampling from 8khz to 44,1khz and from 44,1khz to 8khz. I need to
> resample the data in realtime - resampling a buffer of data, not a
> soundfile. The quality doesn't need to be good so I guess the best
> solution might be linear audio resampling. The device to do the
> resampling on is an ARM CM-X255 running at 400MHz.
>
> I tried out libsamplerate so far but when I tested it with the
> soundfile conversion test program it needed 3,5 secs to sample from
> 8kHz to 44,1 khz for a 1,7 secs audiofile - which is too slow for me.
>
> Is there something faster that can do the job?

Was this with the linear resampler lib libsamplerate? In case, you should
know that its terrible slow. Last time I tried, the fastest sinc resampler
in CLM was almost as fast as the linear resampler in libsamplerate.
(Erik, you should do something about that...)

I don't know of any other libraries that does linear resampling, but its
not that difficult to make one manually. I'm sure there are example codes
floating around as well.