[linux-audio-dev] NAB trade show

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue May 2 18:02:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 10:01:32AM -0500, Ben Loftis wrote:
> I am going to be at the NAB show in Las Vegas this week.  Any other LAD's
> planning to be there?

So what did you see?

I was there, but I had left by the time you sent this (I was on a set up
crew).

The only audio gear I really got arround to looking at was some of the
gear from Linear Accoustic (but they are broadcast audio, not so much
studio audio).

One this I've been wondering is how do the 5.1 upmix boxes work?  The
ones that take in stereo and convert it to surround sound.  The sales
weenies I talked to sounded like they were making it up.  One idea I had
was to sum 2 FIRs (one for each source). generated from placing 2
speakers and a surround sound mic setup in a hall.

Any free software working on doing this sort of thing.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/