[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA2: logarithmic hint

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 2 19:28:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 07:21:31 +0200, fons adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 05:21:44PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > "this goes from 0Hz to fs/2Hz, and I want it to be logarithmic",
>
> That's a contradiction.

Yes, quite, but the only other option is to express it as a fraction of
the sample rate, or an absolute value at both ends, neither of which is
right.

The plugin can handle 0, and the host should be free to choose any value
in that range, but I have to set some arbitrary positive limit which is
ineviatably unhelpful, and the host has no real choice but to take it
literally.

- Steve